April 21, 2010

Yay for Family!

Well, Aaron and I are both done with finals!  It's such a good feeling to be done but at the same time it doesn't really feel real yet since I'm still working at my on-campus job for several more months.

And my parents are getting here tomorrow for my graduation!  I haven't seen them since Thanksgiving, so it'll be great to hang out with them for a few days.

My oldest brother, Doug, called me yesterday and they're definitely going to come visit us this summer!  They have a gap between Doug's current job ending and his next job starting, so they're taking a trip to Canada to visit the grandparents, coming down to stay with us for a bit, and then visiting Cassie's family in Arizona in August.  My nephew, Archer, is so cute and I'm excited to see him again, especially since I've only seen him once since he was born last summer.

Aaron's younger brother is going to be coming out to BYU in the fall, so Aaron's parents are coming to Provo to bring him out to school.  So we'll get to see them this summer too!  And we're probably going to drive out to Las Vegas with them and meet up with Aaron's brother (and family) from Arizona before Fall Semester starts.

I knew a while ago that all of this was going to happen, but I'm just realizing that I'm going to see 3 of my 5 (immediate) family members and 4 of Aaron's 6 (immediate) family members without going too far from home!  It's going to be a great year!

[Un]fortunately Aaron's taking 6 credits during Spring term this year.  While that's great because it means he'll have a lighter load during his last two semesters, it also means that I'm going to have to let him work on homework in the evenings, so I'll have to distract myself by doing other things.  Luckily I have my handy summer reading list to work on, and I'm also hoping to do some more sewing and scrapbooking.

Also, Aaron's birthday was this weekend and we had a great time celebrating!  We had some people over (the same people that came over for the murder mystery party for my birthday) and made homemade pizza and played games.  I even made Angel Food cake for the first time, and I think it turned out great!  So happy birthday honey!

1 comment:

n8'swife said...

I'm sorry we won't make it over to Vegas. Feel free to come on over to Ridgecrest and meet your new nephew! Have family visit is always great!