April 12, 2010

All kinds of excitement!

Well, I just turned in my last research papers of my college career!  All I have left is a written ballet final at 4:00 this afternoon, and a 3 page essay take-home final due on Friday by 5:00pm.  I did my gymnastics final this morning, turned in my 12 pager on symbolism in LOTR and did a presentation on it, and turned in my 10 pager on Hitchcock and Poe.  What a day.  And you know, it's really too bad I don't know French, because learning these French ballet terms would have been a lot easier if I did.

So Aaron's birthday is on Sunday.  I'm struggling a bit to think of something to get him...  Unfortunately, this boy has expensive tastes!  The only things he can think of that he wants are a desktop computer, a new digital camera, ratchets, and an angel food cake.  Well, I already bought the ratchets, and the angel food cake pan is all ready to go, but I just don't know.  And my parents asked me for suggestions of something to get him, but I can't tell them anything because, well, I'm basically out of ideas!  I know he's satisfied with just getting the ratchets from me because he's easy to please when it comes to gifts, but I feel a little lame just getting him some tools.  No, it's not that I feel lame getting him tools, I just really want to make him happy.

So I have to get my countdown on here because everything is getting so close!
  • End of classes: 1 1/2 hours
  • Aaron's birthday: 6 days
  • Mom and Dad get here: 9 days
  • Graduation: 10 days
  • 1 Year Anniversary: 34 days
 On another note, Aaron has been working at the BYU Telefund for...ever... and he got a new job doing IT stuff that he's going to start either later this week or on Monday!  I'm so excited for him! He'll be graduating next April, so it'll be good that he has a whole year of relevant work experience before he starts a real, big-boy job.  Yay!

I'm so excited to see my parents next week!  I feel like I haven't seen them in forever, even though it's only been since Thanksgiving.  Though, to be fair, I think this is about the longest I've gone without seeing them.  Crazy.  They're staying with us in our one-bedroom apartment, so it's going to be a little tight, but I'm okay with that because I'm so excited!  I just hope the weather is good while they're here!

No comments: