March 24, 2015

One Month!

Well, Brandon is one month old!

He's still a pretty small baby- I tried to put him in a 0-3 month outfit the other day and Brandon looked like he was drowning in it!  So he still wears newborn size. 

But even though he's small, he is a great eater! He nurses pretty quickly but chows down every 2 hours during the day and 2-3 hours at night. And at night he's usually pretty good about going right back to sleep after eating, for which this mama is very grateful!

Brandon spends a lot of time in the bouncer, thanks to an older brother who also requires some attention during the day.  He falls asleep in my arms often after nursing, and as much as I wish I could just cuddle him each time, Andrew is not okay with that.  Plus I need to do things around the house every once in a while!  Fortunately, Brandon seems to be pretty comfortable hanging out (sleeping) in the bouncer, especially if he's swaddled and has his pacifier.  As he has more and more awake time during the day though, it's getting harder to put him down without waking him up.  He loves being held, especially when sleeping!

He went to church for the first time!  He was one day shy of four weeks/one month old, and I was a little nervous about it, but we all did okay.  Our pew was just more full :)

Having two kids is definitely more complicated (at least when they're little) but we're starting to figure it out.  We have some rough times where both boys decide they need me (I've only got two hands!) but Andrew is learning to be more independent so we're surviving.  Plus, it helps that I'm finally feeling like I am physically recovered from the birth enough to handle everything.  Now if only I could fit into my old pants again...











1 comment:

Becky said...

I love reading this! Our babies are pretty similar with feedings. Mine eats quickly but often! Makes me tired at night! Your boys are so cute and look very similar! Glad you are doing well. I am still in that awkward stage where my old pants don't fit me! Hopefully soon!