August 31, 2011

New York trip

I realized that I left something out of my big summary post earlier.

Aaron and I took a weekend trip up to Clarendon, New York a few weeks ago!  Aaron's brother, Brent, is now in Brazil for a 2 year religious mission.  So we went up for his open house and farewell talk.  It's a LONG drive for just a weekend, but I'm glad we did it.  I was able to leave work early that Friday and we got on the road right away.  That night, we had a bonfire in my in-laws' back yard.

The next day, Aaron's parents and brother went to a baptism.  We didn't know the person, so we decided to go up to Lockport (near Niagra Falls) since I hadn't ever seen the locks of the Erie Canal.








So after we spent the morning at Lockport, we went back to Clarendon to help get everything ready for the open house.  It had a really good turn out.  Aaron got to see a lot of people he hasn't seen in a really long time and I got to meet some people so it was good.

This was also the first time I met Aaron's grandma.  She wasn't able to come out for our wedding or reception, but now she lives in an assisted living place near Aaron's parents.


On Sunday, we went to church with Aaron's family, ate lunch, and got back on the road.

Overall, a pretty good weekend.

No comments: