This baby is active. I felt him/her move for the first time on Labor Day (when I was almost 14 weeks along) and Aaron was able to feel the movement a few weeks ago too. This is WAY earlier than we felt Andrew. I guess that's normal though for second-time (and more) moms. At our last two appointments, the doctor even commented on how much the baby was moving around- they had to keep moving the doppler to follow the heartbeat.
Like last time, I thought it would be fun to look at some old wives tales about gender. They were definitely wrong last time; let's see if they can do better this time around:
- Chinese Gender Predictor: Based on my age and conception month. BOY.
- Carrying: If you carry low, it's a boy; high, it's a girl. NOT SURE? Isn't it too early to know if I'm carrying low or high? Or maybe I just carry in the middle...
- Heart Rate: Girl is over 140bpm, boy is under 140bpm. GIRL. They haven't told us bpm since the dating ultrasound though, so not sure how "accurate" this is.
- Feet Temperature: Boys cause cold feet, girls don't change mom's feet temp. BOY.
- Morning Sickness: Have it? Girl. Not so much? Boy. GIRL.
- Cravings: Craving sweets = girl. Craving salty/sour = boy. BOY. I haven't been craving salty/sour foods so much, but I've been pretty anti-sweets since I got pregnant, like last time. My sweet tooth is starting to come back though.
- Boobs: Which one is bigger? Left = girl. Right = boy. GIRL.
- Sleeping Position: Preference for the left side means a boy, preference for the right means a girl. BOY. Though I often switch part of the way through the night, after my potty break.
- Headaches: Boys cause headaches, girls don't. GIRL.
- Sympathy Weight: If the husband gains weight, it's a girl. If not, a boy. BOY.
- Opinion of the Mom-to-be: In a study that asked women with no previous knowledge about their baby's sex, the moms-to-be correctly guessed the gender of their baby 71% of the time. NOT SURE? Really, no idea. Sometimes I'm convinced it's a girl, and other times I say "he" when talking about the baby. (Aaron was convinced Andrew would be a boy, and was right, but this time he won't even make a prediction because he doesn't know.)
So the old wives aren't coming to a consensus this time. (What do you think? Vote in the poll above!)
We have our ultrasound early next week, so hopefully baby cooperates and lets us see if he's a boy or she's a girl!