July 15, 2013

7 Months

I feel like Andrew is changing and growing all the time, and this month was no exception!

He can really pull himself up on anything now.  It was such a surprise to me one day when I went to get him from his crib and he was standing up!  He also pulls up on the couch, shelves, chairs, etc.  He even pulled himself up on a closet door- it's a mirror so it's a completely smooth surface.  We've now lowered his crib to the lowest setting and put away my keyboard, which he also used to pull up.



Not only does Andrew stand himself up, he can also walk- using the furniture as support obviously.  He can even make it from one side of our ottoman to the other (it's a big square, so I'm pretty impressed), usually toward me.  He can also do some walking if I hold his hands.  We made it all the way from the kitchen to the bathroom like that one time.

This kid knows who his mama is.  Seriously.  It's kind of funny how Andrew will be perfectly happy playing with Aaron, but as soon as I come into the room, he'll come right to me or fuss if he can't.  This doesn't happen all the time (thank goodness) but it happens often enough to be funny.  Sometimes Aaron will be holding Andrew while I sit on the couch, and no matter how Aaron turns his body, Andrew will find a way to watch me.  Just stare at me.  Of course he does that to Aaron too, if I'm holding him.

Andrew is getting pretty independent.  If he's in a good mood (which is most of the time- he just needs enough sleep and a full belly) he's perfectly content to play by himself in the living room.  He has a few toys that he loves, but mostly he enjoys playing with diaper/wipes boxes, the ottoman, the fireplace chain curtain, anything paper (books, junk mail, flyers), and his jumper.  He still uses his jumper sometimes, but usually he prefers to stand outside of it and play with it from there.



He is taking 2 naps each day, usually about an hour and a half each.  As long as he gets those naps, he's a happy kid.  The time varies, but the first one is usually about 2 hours after he wakes up for the day (or after he falls asleep nursing in the morning) and the second is 2-3 hours after he wakes up from the first.

We sure love this kid.  He's such a happy, healthy, friendly little boy- he's hardly even a baby anymore!

New things for Andrew this month:
Lots of new foods
Riding in a swing
Real crawling
Standing up
Walking- with help from furniture and mom
Drinking formula
Talking A LOT
Gained a cousin
Met an uncle





No comments: