June 5, 2013

Memorial Day

We had plans to do some organizing and cleaning on Memorial Day.  But then my brother and his wife came up with a plan to invade my parents' lake house (even though they weren't there) so we did that instead :)

So we drove out on Sunday night.  Andrew slept for about 2 hours but woke up as we were approaching the neighborhood.  We ended up getting there at the same time as Austin and Mariko, and both Andrew and Harrison didn't want to go to bed yet, since they had slept in the car.

The next day we went to a picnic cookout, complete with moon bounce, cotton candy, popcorn, a super long line for food, and a rockin' 70s cover band.

Next we kayaked.  And took turns watching the little boys.  Aaron and I didn't stay out on the water for very long- only because I am really out of shape and I was afraid to go out too far since I knew I would have to make it back!



Played some Jeopardy on the Wii.  Austin cooked up some delicious dinner.

All in all a good day.

(We somehow managed to get the organizing and cleaning done later that week, thank goodness.  We really needed it.)

No comments: