December 11, 2012

Past Due

Be warned: this is the post where I complain about the fact that I'm still pregnant.  If you're not up for that, stop reading now.

I'm starting to think this baby has taken up permanent residence in my body.  He obviously didn't get the memo that he was supposed to come out by yesterday!

This past week has been difficult for me.  I've been having contractions, but not strong enough to do much of anything.  My feet look like overinflated balloons- I have to wear Aaron's shoes if we're going to do much walking.  And I finished all of my pre-baby projects so I would be ready for him to come.  Unfortunately that means I don't have much going on to distract me from waiting.  My belly is huge and everything I eat gives me heartburn.  I've tried a bunch of natural induction things, which obviously haven't worked.

I had a nonstress test yesterday.  I was contracting regularly through the test, but they weren't intense enough.  Lost my mucous plug, but still dilated to a 1.

Tentatively scheduled for induction on Friday.  Still waiting to get confirmation from the hospital.

Yes, I know that I'm only one day past the due date and I know that only 50% of women deliver by their due date.  But somehow, despite that knowledge, December 10th was etched in my mind as the day I would have my baby by.  You know, like how if a paper is due on Friday, you can turn it in anytime BEFORE or ON Friday for full credit.  So this baby was supposed to be here BEFORE or ON December 10th.

I guess the silver lining here is that maybe he'll be born on 12/12/12.  We'd never forget that birthdate!  (Although you're still more than welcome to come today, Gummy Bear!)

*sigh*

On the plus side, Aaron has been a trooper.  He gets to deal with crazy me all the time.  He's been great about helping with meals, dishes, foot rubs, etc.  I couldn't ask for a better hubby.  I know he's anxious to get things going but he's had a much better attitude than I have, especially this past week.


Sorry for the rant- hopefully my next post will be happier, complete with photos of the little guy!

5 comments:

Becky said...

I know it's so hard the last few days! Each day feels like a week! But I promise before you know it, these tough days will be a faint memory and you'll be super busy with loving your sweet new baby. :)

Angie said...

I'm crossing my fingers for a 12/12/12 birthday.

Katelyn said...

Good luck for when he does arrive! I hope you don't have to be induced. Doesn't seem like much fun. Keep trying those inducing methods. Hopefully something will work for you!

The Browning Bunch said...

It is so hard to be overdue - don't get down on yourself for feeling the way you do! I know I started thinking I should pack all the baby things back up because there was no point in having them! Hopefully he decides to come soon! Hang in there, and if you aren't too uncomfortable, our advice is always to go with your hubby to see a movie - that doesn't really happen once the little one gets here! (oh, and yes, some of the wives tales for induction work for some people - but I swear nothing works!)

mmeaders6 said...

Good luck! I hope he comes soon. I keep telling myself that I will be overdue, so that hopefully I won't be too disappointed. At least if he doesn't come by this weekend, you can take Janae's advice and go see The Hobbit!