July 10, 2017

We Made It!

Well, here we are!  I've been majorly neglecting this blog as the last few months have been a crazy blur of preparing to move!  But here's a summary of what we've been up to:
  • I went on a diet.  I made a big change and did a Ketogenic diet for two months.  It was hard but it was so good too.  I kicked the sugar habit and lost a decent amount of weight but then moving stuff really kicked into high gear and the stress of moving plus eating out more means I've likely gained most of it back.
  • We went to Awesome Con.  I may write a separate post about this but the most important thing to know about that day is that I MET DAVID TENNANT and got his autograph.
  • We got ready to move.  This was (obviously) a big part of what we've been doing.  This involved finishing work on the house and yard, getting rid of a bunch of stuff (clothes that no longer fit, furniture we didn't want anymore, etc.), packing our luggage, and separating the rest of our belongings into either storage, quick shipment, or regular household goods shipment.  This was no small task and we spent months working on all of this.
  • We had a few days of last minute fun.  After the last of our stuff was packed out, we were able to take about a week and a half to visit my sister in Richmond, play for a few days at Great Wolf Lodge, hang out with some friends (and say goodbye) back in Odenton, and visit my parents.  It was a little rough living out of suitcases and sharing a hotel room with the kids but we also had a lot of fun and got to see some people before we left.
  • Flying out! Our flight left on Thursday night and arrived in England on Friday morning.  The kids slept for quite a while on the flight (Andrew fell asleep around 11:15pm and Brandon finally fell asleep around 12:30am, Maryland time) but Aaron and I didn't really sleep more than 3 hours between the two of us.  We arrived at Heathrow by 10:30am local time and then had to go through immigration and baggage claim before driving to our new town.  We arrived at our temporary apartment in Cheltenham around 2:30pm.
We're still getting adjusted but things have generally been going well.  Aaron started work today and we are hoping to start house hunting later this week.  It's been quite a whirlwind so far!

No comments: